How to Care for your Vinyl Pool Liner
Homeowners with backyard swimming pools depend on vinyl pool liners to keep their pools looking beautiful season after season. Nearly 70 percent of the residential pools in the United States rely on durable and easy-to-clean, solid & printed flexible vinyl to protect the interior pool surface from the environmental elements and man made conditions.
The vinyl liner’s surface is exposed to numerous hazards, from sunlight and temperature fluctuation to chemicals and careless cleaning. The most common causes of damage to vinyl pool liners are premature pattern wear due to abrasive cleaning tools and bleaching due to improper chemical balance. These two factors, exclusively or in combination, can attack the vinyl liner and cause premature aging.
If you’re one of the 5 million North American homeowners who have a pool with a vinyl liner, follow these simple tips to lengthen its years of service:
- Prior to installation, read and follow the chemical manufacturers’ directions. Many liner problems are a result of misuse of chemicals.
- When adding chemicals, add one chemical at a time.
- Add each dissolved chemical through the skimmer for best dispersion into the pool (through the filtration system).
- Maintain proper water balance: pH in the range of 7.2 to 7.6; total alkalinity at 80 ppm to 100 ppm; and calcium hardness at 200 ppm to 300 ppm.
- Keep free chlorine, the most common active ingredient that sanitizes the pool, at 1.5 ppm to 2.5 ppm. If the concentration drifts below 1.5 ppm, algae and bacterial growth can take hold more easily and may cause staining of the vinyl liner. If the active chlorine concentration is maintained greater than 2.5 ppm, liner wrinkling may occur. This problem can be further aggravated if accompanied by pH levels that fall below 7.0.
- Avoid the use of any abrasive cleaning agents or cleaning aids.
- Vacuum and clean the pool with a cleaner designed for vinyl lined pools.
- Never use sharp objects in or around the pool, as they can puncture the liner.
- After the chemicals have dissipated, cover your pool when it’s not in use. This will decrease its exposure to damaging ultraviolet rays. Less chemicals are required if your pool is covered and/or not used. To avoid high concentrations of airborne chemicals building up between the water and the cover, open or vent the cover every 24 hours.
- Do not drain the pool completely for any reason without consulting a pool professional. The older the liner, the higher the risk that it will shrink and not stretch back into its original shape.
- Never close a pool without circulating the pool water for several hours after the addition of chemicals.
Pool Floats, Swimming Pool Loungers
Swimming Pool Floats and Pool Loungers
Pool Floats and Swimming Pool Loungers and Chairs add a touch of elegance and comfort to your backyard. The perfect summer day in or around the pool begins with the perfect pool float or pool lounger. They will provide you countless hours of relaxation and enjoyment. After a hard day at work, you deserve a break so relax in the sun and soak up some rays with our Pool Floats, Loungers and Chairs. We have a wide variety of sturdy, long lasting pool floats that come in all shapes, sizes and colors. Our Pool Lounges and Chairs take relaxation to a new level. These are not the blow up floats you find in any store. These pool floats and pool loungers are durable and long lasting.
We also have a wide variety of pool floats for the kids. Your kids will be occupied for hours with these popular floats. Our pool floats are designed for play and will keep them busy while providing plenty of laughter and excitement at the lake or the pool.
Get a new pool float or lounger before summer comes to an end!
Patio & Market Umbrellas
Outdoor Umbrellas and Umbrella Accessories
Patio & Market Umbrellas accessorize your patio, deck, pool side, or garden with a beautiful and practical patio umbrella or market umbrella. Even on the sunniest day, you can enjoy your outdoor living spaces and stay cooler in the shade of your umbrella. In addition, patio umbrellas are probably the best way to remain outside without absorbing the harmful UV rays of the sun, which cause skin cancers and sunburns.
We offer only the best, time-proven Patio & Market Umbrellas at discounted prices for savvy Internet buyers. Our umbrellas were selected for their high quality, design, reliability, warranty, and value. We have canvas and Sunbrella umbrellas in addition to side post umbrellas with Sundura canopies, and much more.
A Sunbrella Umbrella is any umbrella that is made with, arguably, the world’s most famous brand of outdoor fabrics, Sunbrella. Most are fade-resistant, stain-resistant, and livable. Sunbrella’s fabrics are worry-free and incredibly long lasting. From the bright sun to greasy meatballs, Sunbrella fabrics are tough enough to withstand the extremes of Mother Nature along with all the little accidents that come from everyday living. Sunbrella’s rich fabrics will remain beautiful summer after summer. Whenever you need the best quality outdoor fabric for your umbrella, Sunbrella fabrics can make it happen with quality style and flare. Sunbrella fabrics are durable, beautiful, and comfortable.
While you’re here, check out our umbrella accessories. If you’re looking for an umbrella base, a mosquito net enclosure, or umbrella lights, we offer top quality products.
What do you get when you cross an above ground pool with an in ground pool? An inexpensive, attractive, and super fun way to spend the summer months (and beyond). I just learned how much it costs to have an in ground pool installed in the back yard. Yikes! I don’t know about you, but I don’t have tens of thousands of dollars to spare on a luxury item like a backyard in ground swimming pool. But I do think I could swing the cost of an above ground pool, which is a fraction of the cost.
Traditionally not the most attractive piece of backyard decor, the above ground swimming pool has come a long way in terms of looks. For example, oval shaped above ground pools can now be installed without the use of buttresses, which are unattractive and take up a good deal of yard space. Additionally, the walls of above ground pools are specially coated — not only to resist corrosion, scratching, and UV rays — but to offer the consumer a variety of attractive colors and designs. When you add features like pool decks and creative landscaping, today’s backyard above ground pool feels like a luxury get away.
So, where does the underground element come into play when we talk about above ground pools? If decorative walls, pool decks, and beautiful landscaping still don’t make the addition of an above ground pool in your backyard an attractive option, then why not install the above ground pool into the ground like you would an in ground pool? Impossible? No. The superior construction and corrosion resistance of some above ground pools allow them to be installed as semi-in ground and even mostly in ground pools. By installing an above ground pool underground, so to speak, you can have the look of an in ground pool without the cost of an in ground pool. Beauty and affordability together!
Minden Gas Grill
Portable Propane Gas Grill
The Minden Master Propane Gas Grill was created to offer an alternative to typical barbeque grilling products. With its many features, this grill outshines comparable propane gas grills. The Minden Master Gas Grill is designed for experienced chefs as well as the novice user. The grill is not bulky, but it packs a powerful punch with 30,000 BTUs of heat and 3 burners.
The full-size Minden Master Gas Grill is designed to fit your outdoor living lifestyle without overwhelming your outdoor space. This grill has taken a “less is more” approach, yielding a superior product.
A standard grill comes with the following
- Dishwasher-safe condiment tray
The condiment tray doubles as your extended work surface. The lid lifts to expose a handy tray with recessed areas to store your relishes, barbeque sauce, and even utensils.
- Dishwasher-safe cutting board
The cutting board has a unique self healing design. It is made of polypropylene. One side is flush with the grilling surface for general cutting. The other side has a lip around the entire cutting board for cutting meats.
- Push-button start, no batteries
The push button electronic ignition starter doesn’t need batteries. It provides a continuous spark for easy lighting.
- Porcelain-coated heavy gauge steel grate
Easy-glide, non-obstructive lid.
- Slide-out propane tank tray
The slide out propane tank tray makes installation a breeze. *Propane Tank NOT included.*
- Built-in temperature gauge
You will never over cook your best steak with this built in temperature gauge. Cook with precise perfection.
- Assembly Tool
The grill comes with one tool, the only tool needed to assemble the unit.
Minden Grill Company is focused on providing you with the best working, longest lasting propane gas grill. Receive a limited 1-year, end-to-end warranty on all parts. Rather than provide 90 days of warranty on some parts, 1 year on others, and 5 years on the unbreakable portions of the grill, we provide a one-year warranty on ALL parts. This warranty does not apply to parts that have been damaged by the user, nor does it apply to grills that have been damaged due to mishandling. Warranty claims will only be honored for registered owners of the grill.
This power packed grill comes with many accessories as well as four different colors to match any outdoor decor.
The colors that are available are Black, Green, Red and Blue.