Multiple Features Offer Beauty and Versatility
Outdoor storage sheds are an essential accessory for today’s homes. Whether you wish to store yard tools, gardening supplies, or pool chemicals, outdoor storage sheds (also known as garden sheds) provide additional space for your outdoor equipment, making it much easier to access and freeing up your garage for vehicles, bicycles, and the spare refrigerator. Traditionally, though, outdoor storage sheds and garden sheds have been made of metal, vinyl, or plastic, and they are often less than attractive. As a result, sheds tend to be tucked away in some dark and hidden corner of the yard, away from direct view. Wood sheds, on the other hand, specifically cedar wood sheds, bring a natural and beautiful appearance to the backyard. Thanks to the durability and versatility that cedar wood sheds and garden sheds offer, using the shed for more than just storage is an attractive option for creative home owners.
Why cedar? Cedar is an all-weather wood that can withstand decades of harsh weather conditions, including icy winters, wet springs, and hot, sunny summers. It can be stained or painted to complement your existing home decor, and it is naturally resistant to mildew, rot, and insects, making it virtually worry-free. As an added bonus, cedar looks beautiful and smells fantastic. Because of these benefits, cedar is a natural choice for outdoor storage sheds.
Cedar wood sheds and garden sheds come with a variety of features that allow you to choose the structure that best fits your needs. Some of these features include:
- Windows that actually open: Fresh air can easily circulate throughout garden sheds, keeping the interior space comfortable;
- Window boxes: Filled with colorful flowers and plants, window boxes enhance the exterior beauty of garden sheds;
- Dutch doors: Close the bottom half of the door and open on the top for additional air and light;
- Double doors: Storing large or awkward pieces of equipment is much easier;
- Decorative door hinges and hardware: Dress up the appearance of garden sheds even further;
- Porches: Turn the entrance of garden sheds into a welcoming spot to relax or share a conversation;
- Greenhouse windows: Create gardens inside the garden shed.
With so many features available, cedar wood sheds can easily serve as more than just a place to store the lawnmower. Cedar wood sheds and garden sheds can become a comfortable work space where you can plan your garden or engage in your favorite hobbies; a greenhouse where you can extend your growing season and store your gardening supplies; a playhouse where the kids or grand kids can explore their imaginations; or even a cozy backyard get-away where you can retreat when you need to unwind.
Cedar wood sheds offer so many possibilities that metal, vinyl, or plastic sheds simply cannot. Cedar brings natural beauty and durability to outdoor storage sheds, allowing them to become an attractive focal point in your backyard rather than an eyesore to be hidden from view.