Tips on Operating, Care, Installation & Maintenance
Check out our selection of pool accessories that will help you start summer off right! We carry all of this, and much more, at BYCP!
- Pool Alarms, which alert you to large objects breaking the pool’s surface
- Pool Fountains that add elegance and charm to your pool
- Maintenance Equipment, such as brushes and nets
- Pool Lights, for dazzling decoration and function
- Outdoor Clocks and Thermometers
- Anti-Entrapment devices which provide safety
- Pool Signs with safety message, clever reminders, etc.
- Pool-side organizers
Even if you have safety fencing installed around your in ground or above ground swimming pool, you should seriously consider adding pool alarms to your swimming pool protection plan. Protecting against accidents in and around the pool requires the implementation of multiple safety devices.
What to Look for in a Pool Alarm
Pool alarms may come with many more features than are presented here, but the following is a list of recommended features to look for when deciding on a pool alarm for your own backyard swimming pool:
- Easy installation
- Tamper proof
- Includes a remote receiver with a range of up to 200 ft or more
- Low battery indicator on alarm and on receiver
- Recommended for the size… Continue reading
Now that 2011 is coming to a close, have you started thinking about what your New Year’s resolutions will be? If you own a backyard swimming pool, will any of those resolutions include a plan to open up your pool sooner in 2012 rather than waiting until the swimming season has long begun?
Part of what makes this kind of resolution successful is to start planning early for opening the pool. Take the time now to check your existing stock of pool chemicals, and keep an eye out for off-season sales so you can nab these necessities at the best prices.
Take a look, too, at your pool equipment to evaluate whether it may be… Continue reading
Swimming pools are great, but they can also be a hazard. Drowning deaths among children increase significantly during the summer months when children have access to opened swimming pools. Just a few minutes of unsupervised time can lead to disaster. Make sure that you have some (or preferably all) of the following safety features in place. Even if you do not have small children living in your home, you should use these safety devices to ensure the safety of neighborhood children or visitors to your home.
- Fencing – Most states require that some form of fence enclose your pool to keep children out. Even if your state does not have this law, you should still enclose your pool to prevent… Continue reading
Are you planning on constructing a new pool in the upcoming year? If you live in Tennessee, you are legally required as of January 2011 to have a proper pool alarm installed before your pool can pass inspection. Even if you don’t live in Tennessee, having a pool alarm is just simply a good idea. There’s no doubt that children and pets benefit from an extra measure of safety around the backyard swimming pool.
Pool alarms alone will not prevent accidental drownings and submersion accidents, though. Responsible homeowners approach pool safety from a number of angles. Pool alarms, pool fences, safety covers, AND reliable adult supervision work together… Continue reading