Not everyone lives in a climate that requires closing the backyard swimming pool at some point in the year. In fact, many of our southern friends are probably reading this blog poolside while soaking in the warm rays of the sun. Before you step away from the computer to top off your iced tea or fruity beverage, consider adding a couple of sure-to-please pool gifts to your holiday giving plans this year. Your pool-loving family and friends will get the pleasure of enjoying them right away, and you’ll be done with your shopping all the sooner.
Here are just a few ideas that always bring big smiles and even bigger fun:
1. Remote controlled water soaker
2. Floating basketball game
3. Mermaid swim fin
4. Starfighter pool float
Even if you don’t live in a warmer climate and you’re reading this snuggled up by the glow of your fireplace, you will still bring a thrill to your pool-loving friends and family members with these gifts. They can look forward to using their new pool gear when swimming pool season rolls around again, and the anticipation might just inspire them to help you with pool-opening tasks this time. An unexpected gift for you, too!
While most kids long for summer, it can also become monotonous very quickly. Doing the same time, day in and day out, can become dull after awhile. Even something as fun as a swimming pool loses its appeal over time if it remains the same. Give your child some excitement in the pool this summer with one of these amazing pool floats. Whether for one child or a party full, you can find something that will please. Click on the links below for more information on each great choice! Many more are available at BackyardcityPools.com. Happy summer!
Labyrinth Island Float
See Saw Float
Arcade Shooter Pool Float
Boathouse Pool Floats
Swimming Pool Water Wheel
Summer birthdays and holidays make perfect opportunities to entertain friends and family in the backyard swimming pool. The pool is the only entertainment needed, so be sure to have plenty of pool toys and games available. Two favorites among kids and adults alike are the Water Arcade Pool Float and the 3 in 1 Pool Game Set.
Reminiscent of carnival-style water shooting games, the Water Arcade Pool Float challenges three players at a time to a ball-squirting water race. Thanks to the constant-supply water squirters that come with the float, kids will never run out of water during the race. Water is supplied directly from the pool.
The 3 in 1 Pool Game Set combines ladder ball, ring toss, and bag toss games in one unit. These popular pool party games can be played in the pool or at poolside. Adults and kids can have fun demonstrating their skills or playing for prizes.
When you have a backyard swimming pool, summer birthday parties and holiday celebrations are a snap to host. Toss in some fun and unique pool games, and you’ll easily keep the crowd entertained.
What’s the best kind of gift to get? One that you would like to buy for yourself, but never do. When it comes to backyard swimming pools, there’s always something else more pressing to pay for — pool chemicals, replacement filter cartridges, upgraded equipment… So, if you are wondering what to get that special pool-loving person in your life, here are some fun and practical ideas that won’t drain your wallet:
- Pool Games — They come in all types and all price ranges. Think about what kinds of games your friend likes to play. Toss games? Ball games? Team games? Games that can be played solo? It’s hard to go wrong if you keep in mind your friend’s preferences.
- Remote Control Toys — Even adults enjoy these pool toys. Whether your friend would prefer a remote control boat or water soaker, or a more practical (but still fun) remote control water skimmer, you have a number of affordable options from which to choose.
- Fattowels — The ultimate pool towel, the Fattowel is ultra-absorbent and constructed from high quality 100% cotton. Fat and fluffy, they leave you deliciously dry after a soak in the pool. This is a practical gift that is always appreciated.
- Raft and Towel Caddy — This handy item is best reserved as a gift for a family member or close friend because it’s purpose is to tidy up a generally untidy pool deck. The raft and towel caddy corrals pool floats, balls, and other small pool toys, plus it supplies a nifty bar for hanging wet towels. This is a gift much appreciated by neatniks (like me) who like to have everything contained.
- ErgoLounger — A dream of a lounge chair, this ergonomic beauty is perfect for people who love to read or relax while laying flat on a lounger to soak up the sun. It’s not easy or comfortable to lay flat on a standard lounge chair, and it can be especially straining to read a book or magazine while facing down. The ErgoLounger, though, provides ergonomic padding and a face hole so that, whether you face up or down on the chair, your body is cushioned appropriately, and you can fully relax or enjoy a favorite book.
It doesn’t matter what time of year it is, a fun or practical gift for your pool-loving friend will be greatly appreciated, especially if that gift is something unique that your friend wouldn’t normally think to buy for him or herself.
You have probably been enjoying your pool for several weeks. Are you looking for something to add to your pool time that is new and exciting? Pool games are your answer. You can get the whole family involved and turn an afternoon of pool time into an exciting sporting event! A water volleyball game is great for a large crowd. This set comes with two sturdy poles and a 24″ net that will fit both residential and commercial pools, as well as a neon colored volleyball. With multiple players on each side of the net, you will create a game that includes everyone at your party! A Slash and Shoot Basketball game is another great group activity. It even comes with a regulation sized basketball that will surely delight the sports fans in your home. For something with a little less impact and physicality, you could add a floating ring toss game to your pool. It is perfect for younger children and can be converted into two other games (bean bag toss and ladder ball) for endless hours of fun!