Pool and Spa News has released their annual list of the 50 hottest products this season for your pool and spa. Below is an excerpt of their list. 2011 is shaping up to be an exciting season for pool and spa owners! You won’t want to wait to get your hands on these!
- Insta-Link Home Advanced Iphone App – This water quality program allows Iphone users to photo scan test strips to prevent questions about variations in color. The program returns customized chemical recommendations in seconds, helping pool owners get their pool chemicals balanced in almost no time.
- Eco-Friendly floats – Several companies are producing floats that are made from reprocessed vinyl and packaged in recycled cardboard. This is a great product for environmentally friendly pool owners who are looking for a product with less impact on the environment.
- Direct Command Pool Cleaner – As one of the few robotic pool cleaners to make the list, the Direct Command is a breakthrough. It comes with a hand-held remote, which makes it easy for pool owners to spot clean their pool quickly and efficiently. It is also more affordable than comparable robotic cleaners, making it a great buy for any pool owner. Both its cleaning path and debris bag are larger than most robotic cleaners on the market. This lightweight new addition to the market is already claiming its place as an industry leader.
- Natural Pools – Chemical-free pools have taken a new turn with in ground pools that are being filtered through plants rooted in the system and other biological filters. These pools are eco-friendly and completely safe for swimmers. The “organic watershapes” are cleaner and clearer than lakes or ponds, but do not use the traditional harsh chemicals or filters of swimming pools, making them more efficient.
- Solar Powered Pool Filter – Many people already harness the sun’s power to heat their pools. Now, you can use solar power to CLEAN your pool. It is 100% natural and efficient, using no electricity. As the cleaner floats freely around the pool, water is filtered through cartridges to purify water. They are lightweight and easy to remove from the pool for swimming. Since some pool filters can cost up to $100 a month to operate, these filters can save you hundreds of dollars each pool season.
The thought of cleaning your pool next spring can be a daunting task. No matter how well you winterized, spring cleaning will still be necessary. Now is the perfect time to invest in a new pool cleaner to make spring opening a breeze. Robotic pool cleaners are an amazing choice for pool owners. They are basically little computers on wheels! They will know where and when to clean with little or no manual labor. Did you know that robotic models are available for all pools, including above ground? The Aquabot Pool Rover is a robotic pool cleaner designed exclusively for above ground pools. Complete with its own drive motor and filtration system, it works independently of your pool’s return lines. You simply plug it in and watch it go to work. It is perfect for removing all dirt and debris, and it also works for algae and bacteria. It cleans most above ground pools, including flat, dished, oval, round, and rectangular, in under one hour while reducing the amount of time that your normal filter has to work. You cannot go wrong with this cleaner. You will have sparkling clean water in no time this spring!
Owning a pool is incredibly rewarding experience. It can also be a lot of work if you have to spend your summer days cleaning the pool instead of enjoying it. Automatic pool cleaners take the labor out of pool maintenance. They are a lazy person’s dream come true! There are three types of automatic pool cleaner: suction side, pressure side, and robotic.
Suction side cleaners are basically like a water powered vacuum cleaner. They use your pools own suction, usually from the skimmer, to remove dirt & debris from the bottom of the pool and send it to the filter. The only drawback to these is that you tie up your skimmer while the cleaner is running, which limits your ability to clean the surface of the water.
Pressure side cleaners use one of the water returns or a secondary booster pump to push the dirt & debris into a bag on the cleaner. Fine dirt is stirred up and eventually cleaned by the filter. These cleaners don’t tie up your skimmer so it continues to clean the surface while the machine is operating on the bottom.
Robotic pool cleaners are computer-controlled pool vacuums that can scrub any size pool and operate independently from your pump and filter system. They have an internal microchip that controls their movements. This type of cleaner can either be pre-programmed to a pattern that you select or can use logic to sense the size and shape of your pool and clean every inch. Robotic pool cleaners are generally the most recommended type of cleaner because of their ease and effectiveness.
No matter which type of pool cleaner you choose, you will be making a smart investment. Instead of hours each week scrubbing and working, you can lay back enjoy your pool the way that it was intended to be enjoyed!
It is amazing how technology is constantly changing our lives. We hope for the better – creating more conveniences to everyday life. From computers to cell phones, to programmable thermostats to robotic pool cleaners, people have saved precious time and money.
Most people would like have a swimming pool in their backyard , but sometimes the maintenance that goes along with one is not very appealing. In the past, cleaning our pools typically has been either a significant time commitment on our part, or, if we could afford the luxury, a service we would pay a “poolman” to provide for us. These days, a pool owner can benefit from the automation technology that is now available. Cleaning your pool has never been as easy as it is now if you chose to invest in a Robotic Pool Cleaner. It is amazing what these cleaners can do. With the variety of quality robotic pool cleaners now on the market,you can finally spend more time swimming in your pool than cleaning it.
Although these cleaners have proven to be very effective, many people have been hesitant to invest in one. The main reason being that they are typically higher priced than other types of pool cleaners. As the technology of these units has improved, the costs have gone down significantly. That is great news for pool owners. The time you save is definitely worth the expense. These cleaners have so many advantages and features that make them the envy of pool owners everywhere. A robotic pool cleaner, once you put it in you pool and turn it on, will independently vacuum up all the debris, dirt, and green algae it comes in contact with on the bottom, walls, and the steps of your pool. It will even work around drains and ladders.The newer models are smart enough to be able to detect the size and the shape of your swimming pool. Some even have internal memories, and after the first cleaning will be able to recall your pool’s shapes and curves making subsequent cleanings even more effective. Finally, many robotic cleaners have self-progamming software that scans and calculates automatically the most effective pattern of cleaning that is needed.
Overall, a robotic pool cleaner is an effortlessly and efficient way to keep your pool crystal clean so that you can get on with enjoying your swimming pool. Now, you will have time to lounge by the pool with family and friends. Isn’t that the true reason we desire to have a pool in our backyard anyway?