Tips on Operating, Care, Installation & Maintenance
One often overlooked area of pool maintenance is cleaning or changing your filter cartridge. If your filter cartridge is obviously and excessively dirty or your pump seems to be running at a higher pressure than normal, it is probably time to clean or replace your cartridge. Remove your cartridge and clean it with a water hose or, for best results, a filter flosser cleaner. If you notice that the pleats are broken or are excessively worn and dirty after cleaning, it is probably time to buy a replacement filter cartridge. Making sure that you purchase the right one can be tricky. If you know your model number, we can find it for you quickly. If not, our website gives… Continue reading
Is it time to change the sand in your filter? If its has been longer than 5 years since your sand was installed, it definitely is. While replacing the media, why not consider switching to a powerful sand alternative? There are several products out there that offer filtering capabilities that are far superior to regular sand. Zeobest Sand Filter Media is one great option. Zeobest has nearly 9800 times more square footage than sand which it enables it to small particles down to three microns for exceptional water clarity. Sand usually filters down to only 30 microns. You also use only 1 lb of Zeobest for every 2 lbs of sand required. Half the product equals half the work! It… Continue reading
Do you need to replace the filter cartridge in your pool or spa? Knowing which replacement model to choose can be confusing. Use the easy step by step guide below to make sure that you choose the correct option!
- Measure the outside diameter of the end cap. Be sure to use exact measurement (+ or – 1/32″).
- Measure the existing cartridge length. The length is calculated from end cap to end cap and should be exact (+ or – 1/16″). Be sure to exclude any handles or extensions from this measurement.
- Measure the top inside diameter. Again, be sure to use exact measurements (+ or – 1/32″).
- Do the same with the bottom inside diameter.
- Note the name and model… Continue reading
No matter how diligent we may be with our pool cleaners, dirt, debris, and other unsavory bits in our pool water can elude our pool cleaning devices. Luckily, pool water gets pumped through the pool’s filter system where particulates in the water become trapped. A swimming pool’s filter system is an essential component for maintaining clean, safe water. What type of filter system does your swimming pool use?
The three existing types of swimming pool filters are Sand Filters, Cartridge Filters, and Diatomaceous Earth Filters (DE Filters, for short). Here’s how they each work:
Sand filters, often considered the easiest filters to own and maintain, … Continue reading
Pool and Spa News has released their annual list of the 50 hottest products this season for your pool and spa. Below is an excerpt of their list. 2011 is shaping up to be an exciting season for pool and spa owners! You won’t want to wait to get your hands on these!
- Insta-Link Home Advanced Iphone App – This water quality program allows Iphone users to photo scan test strips to prevent questions about variations in color. The program returns customized chemical recommendations in seconds, helping pool owners get their pool chemicals balanced in almost no time.
- Eco-Friendly floats – Several companies are producing floats that are made from reprocessed vinyl and packaged in recycled cardboard. This is a… Continue reading